Some shoppers might be the masters of coupon cutting and buying on a budget. However, here are five more ways to save, you’re walking away with free money.
- SCAN GROCERY RECEIPTS FOR CASH BACK
- Save money on groceries by using smartphone apps like Ibotta and Checkout 51, which give you cash back on grocery store purchases. All you have to do is scan the receipts after you shop. You could easily earn $5 or more a week for just a couple minutes of your time.
- BUY PRESCRIPTION DRUGS AT COSTCO WITHOUT A MEMBERSHIP
- Membership warehouse stores like Sam’s Club and Costco have good prices on prescription drugs — and you don’t have to be a member to buy them. So, take advantage of Costco’s low prices on doctor-prescribed meds without shelling out $55 or more to join the club.
- SAVE $200 A YEAR BY USING A CLOTHES LINE
- Go back in time and dry your clothes on an old-fashioned clothesline. It’ll save your family about $200 per year compared to using an electric dryer — according to calculations by Mr. Electricity — and your clothes will last much longer.
- GET MORE TONER OUT OF YOUR PRINTER
- If your printer is out of black ink, change the text color to dark blue — you’ll be able to print a couple more times before purchasing a refill. Additionally, you should avoid thick, ink-wasting fonts in favor of slimmer ones like Arial and New Courier, according to The Balance.
- SKIP THE SHOPPING CART
- When you run into the grocery store to “pick up a few items,” carry them in your arms instead of using a cart or shopping basket. By forcing yourself to hold your purchases.
We all like saving money. We all like getting more for our money than we’d otherwise get. Follow and Like our save money tips Don’t forget to register – become a member.